By fery, moto, bus, train, shuttle, catamaran, three-wheel cab, pickup, and foot I have traveled in the last 48 hours... From the small islands near the Thai-Cambodian boarder, I left the fishing grounds by decrepit boat to the island of ko chang, from there I travel by moto through the treacherous mountain paths to immerge from the jungle at the ferry landing... By ferry I came to a tiny port village where I continued through the night by moto, braving both the dark and suicide bugs, to come upon the city of Trat. In Trat, across the endless lanes of traffic and mozzy infested feces swap I trudged on foot to government bus station, by bus (which I can't really complain about, it was quite nice, oh, but they did tell me I had 20minutes to get food, so I ordered and not 3 minutes later I was getting screamed at in Thai to get my white butt back on the bus, so there) I say, by bus which starves the very hearts of men I came to the Bangkok airport bus station, from there I caught a immeasurably cramped shuttle bus to the airport, through the churning throngs I made my way through the airport to yet another bus, whose driver was a drunkard from the very bowels of the earth... Not only was he drinking scotch as he drove, he committed the ultimate crime bagicide... That is right, he tried to kill my bag... At some point, I looked back down the bus to the luggage rack to find that my bag was no longer there! I, thinking that someone had taken it by accident, yell at the driver to stop the bus, to go back, yet he does nothing... So I get up and beat upon the doors until my wrath crumbled his hellish will, for no demon of the dark realm can withstand the noble heart when it is awoken to righteous fury... Out of the doors I spang into the concrete jungle of Bangkok wreathed in a mist made of smog and gasses escaping from putrid flesh and I ran... Flat out for what I aproximate was 1000m I spirinted taking no heed for the safety of those I passed, leaving them to find their own way through the storm I surely left in my wake, until, at last I came upon my quarry, the group of lost looking whities milling around the last place the bus stopped... There I found out the true nature of the bus driver, it was he who had put the bag off of the bus, he who had done me this wrong completely, it was then I realized that this was no mere demon of the dark, loe, it was Lokey come upon us, and fortunate do now I count myself to have escaped his webs so lightly... Once I had gathered myself and my just belongings, I again set forth toward the train station, this time by three-wheeled taxi... At the train station, I climbed into the last remaining bench to spend the next scheduled 9 which actually means 11hours try to imagine that I was in some far away place, where hawkers of smelly meats were only a distant nightmare, and the closest you ever had to sit to another human was farther than one edge of the universe to the other including a constant expansion... After the train, I crawled into the back of a pickup to be transported like a sack of fertilizer to yet another port, where I got on yet another boat, this time in the form of a catamaran, to sail the sundering sea to the island of ko toa... From the docks I went, by my most trusted of forms of transport, my feet, to a nice little shack on the beach, where I proceeded to lay myself down, for a long, long sleep.
To be fair, at about hour 8 on the train, I did go snag a beer and sit on the steps looking out into the night rockin to some led zepplin, so yah, that bit was bitching... But the rest sucked.
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment