After what I have already described as the easiest boarder crossing ever, I caught a mini van into the next big city of trat... Walked about a mile or so from the bus stop into the city. Wandered around aimlessly until I found a place that would rent me a mtor bike... Great deal 5 bucks a day rather the ten here on the island of ko chang... Rode my moto another 12 miles to the ocean where the port and ferries are... The price of a moto taxi from the city to here is more than my moto... Hehehe really proud of myself... Then hopped on the ferry for an hour to the island of ko chang... Again really proud of my moto ideal because I then rode all around the island looking for a place to stay, which would have cost me a good deal in taxi, even if I had just gone from the ferry landing to the nearest moto rental... I am so pleased with my efforts, I went into like 5 different places before I could find someone who understood English and anther 6 to actually get the moto, all the while I am hot and tired of the pack on my back.... But oh how smart I feel now having gotten my wheels off island and bringing them here... So here I am, laying in a hammock listening to jazz music... Anywho... This place if freaking beautiful... I am not kidding it kinda puts the Hawaiian islands to shame.... Because here u get a good sized island (still way smaller than kawaii, but big enough to explore) but then there are these little buggers just sticking ip all o erthe place along the coast.... That and it is so far less developed and rugged, there are still nice resort type places, but it just feels a little less hectic.... If only there were waves here I could surf.... But still the island is amzaing, I spend a great deal of time just cruzin around on the amazing roads... Basically the steepest things I have every been on with crazy turns and such... This it turns out, would be my downfall, I dumped my moto at one point do avoid actual disaster, only to afterward realize that that meant dumping my camera... Yah, bad news bears... Thankfully my camera body... The really expensive part, is just fine, the lens on the other hand, came
Flying off at the impact... I broke the little plastic sun hood 15 bucks no bigy, but I also broke three of the mounts of the lens... The little plastic do dads which hold the lens to the camera... I think I can replace this when I get back to the states for not to much, but for now, I have to be really careful with the stupid thing... I squeeze the lens tight against the camera body whenever I take a picture, and when I am not shooting I tie a bandana around the whole thing to keep the lens from falling of... Am I pissed... Oh yah... Will I give up moto driving... Hell no... Anyways, I sleep in a hut under a mozy net for 5 bucks a night, i go down to the nice place down the road to lay I there hammocks and listen to BB King and John Coltrain... And the food is still cheap as hell... Heheh... I wonder if they know I am not actually a guest... Tomorrow I am going deep sea fishing for like $30... Kinda a splurge, but inalso found the cheapest place on the island to sleep, so I am going to treat myself... But that means I have to get up early... So G'night!
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment