Sunday, January 31, 2010

Around Town

Well what to say about Chiang Mai... There are so many things to talk about that I am tempted to keep it short and simple in a way that is not at all like my usulal method of operation... So here it goes, hang on:

  I went blasting up the moutainside on a motor scooter and through the sea of humanity in the streets as rush hour which lasts roughly from 4am in the morning until about 3am the following night.... I met some amazingly cool, free spirit hippy girl from berkeley arts college by way of Nevada city as she asked me for a light in the middle of a park... Played Jenga with previously mentioned artist, a pro, a lady boy, and a three year old as I watched drunk moo•ay•tai fighters kick the shit out of each other... Got blessed by revered monks... Saw a livng statue shrine, where a monk meditates for hours without moving or seemingly breathing...went to cooking school on and organic farm... Almost died of methane poisoning... Oogled at old fat guys going home with young girls, and consequently learned the Thai phrase roughly akin to "not looking for a sexual partner right now thanks"....Talked world cup prospects with a Brit, Sweed, and Italian... Got lost in a night bizaar, awe struck by temples, danced with Thai college girls, ate way to many thing when I had no idea what they were or what was in them... Amazingly didn't get sick... Got swallowed up by the friendliness of strangers... And inspired by a people.... Chiang Mai.... Cool place

2 comments:

  1. This is the stuff I expect from my papa bear...have fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhino, this is so great, I love it! Can't wait to talk to you...

    ReplyDelete