Well, I made it... And what a long way it was. I got on the plane in SFO thinking to myself, how bad can this be... I mean it's far, but it's not that far right... WRONG... It IS that far... The first leg was pretty bad 14 hours cramped in the far back of the plane shoved in the corner with the only entertainment to speak of being a small screen 15 rows up which i couldn't see... The ambien lasted about 5 hours the rest of the time was spent trying to get comfy... Which didn't happen.
Next came a layover in Taiwan... All I remember about that place is that there are some serious mountains around the airport... Then the flight to Hong Hong .... I spent that flight praying that I wasn't going to die... It was uber foggy out and the pilot in his wisdom decided to freak everyone out through the massive turbulence by cutting the engines back and then ramping them back up constantly, so much so that no one, including the
flight attendants by there facial expression, was to sure that the engines weren't going to blow up... And as I sat there looking around, i thought to myself "hey, this could be fun, it will be like lost." I sat wondering if I would be the leader like Jack, the sneaky bastard like Sawyer, or the crazy guy like Lock... Then I realized that no... I wouldn't be those guys, I would be Jin, the guy that nobody understood what the hell he was saying because I was one of like 3 whiteys on the plane, and the other guys were German... I would be Jin and I wouldn't have a wife to translate for me... Yah, worst flight ever...
Then came yet another layover in HongHong which I spent walking the entirety of the massive airport... I got on that 3 hour flight in a rather exhausted stated... At least I got to watch a lame Bruce Willis movie on that flight... I landed in Bangkok, got lost in the airport trying to find my luggage until I figured out I had to go through customs first... So I got my stamps, got my gear and hopped on a bus to the train station where I was accosted by an English girl who wouldn't shut up no matter how many I'm tired and want to sleep hints I dropped... I got to the train station and took a 2 hour ride through the poorest part of the city and then out and up to ayutthia... I got of the train and met up with a guy who looked just as lost as me, we made our way to a river crossing ferry, then we parted ways an I walked down the street until I found a guesthouse that I had read about... The had a room, thank god, I took it, dropped off my shit and went in search of food and drink as I had had nothing but a beer and a bit of airplane pasta since dinner in sf... I was so tired I settled for a liter of water, went back to my guesthouse, had a shower and went to bed.... It was a good sleep.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow Papa Bear that sounded horrible...So glad you made it safe:)
ReplyDelete