Monday, January 18, 2010
The Green Dragon
So here I am, sitting at the Firewood Grill in SFO, sipping a pint wondering what the *+%# I am doing... Three months ago I got an email from Meg telling me I should come out to SE Asia... I thought to myself Thailand huh... Why not? So now I sit in SFO awaiting the start of the grand adventure... I will be living outta my backpack for the next two months, in a foreign land... For no other reason in my mind for going than because it was on the menu... Don't get me wrong, I am super excited, it is just that it all feels a little strange now that I come to it at last... The longest that I have ever been on my own for was 4 days in a national park surrounded by A bunch d folks named Jones and Smith... And now I am off for 2 months... Maybe I will leave as a 22 year old boy lost in the realm of adults and come back as a boy who can be a man when he wants in order to satisfy society and his soul without ever losing his schoolboy heart... Or maybe I am just a guy who likes to think about everything on a grandiose philosophical scale... Yet at the very least I am sure that this all seems very surreal.... Surreal, but nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Apricots soaked in honey?
ReplyDelete